Sunday, October 26, 2008

It is happening

So I have been working out for a couple months now. I normally go 2-4 times a week but average three. I am just doing the bike right now. I figure I can get in and out within an hour and I go right after classes so it is convenient. I think it will get harder come winter, but I have been pretty good about going.

The motivation is the hard part. I think there are a few reasons why this time is different. First off, I am applying for jobs and I think it helps for people to take you seriously. Next, I just want to go. It is convenient and has just been working. I fit it into my schedule and it makes it that much easier. I also think my playlist makes me want to go.

I am not the type who can go and watch tv on the machines. My best workouts are when I can't see a TV and am not distracted by looking at others. The music is really fast paced and pumping. I'm pretty sure research shows that you move to the beat naturally and so I think this helps. My playlist is great and has about 20 songs on it (maybe I'll list them as my next post).

I started going with a group of friends, which made it easy to start, but I have continued to go despite them not going. This is for the reasons listed above, but also because I am noticing a difference. Clothes fitting better, general tasks like climbing multiple flights of stairs and carrying things, and also because I am slowly, but surely loosing weight (I think I should start eating better too).

Eventually I will start to lift, but I think that will have to wait until next semester when my schedule is a joke (ya second semester senior year). Otherwise life is good and cant complain too much.

No comments: